Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Caught! Stores trying to get over

Two weeks ago, the week before Thanksgiving to be exact I purchased a coat for my son. In search of a good sale I compared Ross, Marshalls, and TJMaxx to some of the many trendy stores Gap, A&E, Aeropastale ect. In the end one of the trendy stores had the best sale. The coat originally priced at $44.95 with free shipping and a 40% family and friends coupon total price $26.97. Bet! I placed my order online and received the coat. In less than a week, three days to be exact, I refered the same coat to a friend who was in search of a coat for her son. We went online together and the trendy store now had a 50% promo with free shipping. So that's, 1/2 off $44.95 for a total of $22.47. (This is all before Thanksgiving and Black Friday Madness) My friend went to order the coat and the price didn't change once in the shopping bag or checkout *Huh?* I read the fine print that stated the price shown had already been reduced. Now wait a minute!!! I had to retrieve my receipt & printout... the original price of the coat had always been $44.95. This trendy store had hiked the price up to $89.90 then took 50% off all in a matter of 3 days. In my opinion, the coat would never be worth $89.90. I called customer service to call them out and for an explanation...they were caught! speechless! The bastards were trying to get over... To all shoppers especially during the holiday season please don't allow yourself to be scammed.

No comments: