Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Beginning ~ Revised

My New Year's resolution list was compiled of some goals, some dreams, some positive affirmations, and then some really corny unrealistic things like: #6 go to the gym 5 days a week. Now, who do I think I am?! I say this in many ways.... First, I am a young single mother. I work full time plus some, go to school part-time, teach dance when I am not working, in school or chillin with my little boy. When could I possibly go to the gym FIVE days out of a 7 day week? Lol!

Anywho, today I read my list for the second time since I wrote it. Sadness came over me as I reflected back to when I originally wrote it. I was fresh, determined and proud at that time, however; I allowed self-doubt, ignorance, and other distractions get the best of me. No more! The list has been revised! I read it loud and proud! This time next year I want to proudly look back and see how much I have achieved. My life is not my own anymore so this is how I begin.

Goals and Dreams
  • Pray daily +
  • Budget and Save
  • Don't Cheat God...Tithe right!
  • Laugh, Love, Learn & have fun daily
  • Pay bills on time!
  • Create "Just in Case $" Account
  • Create " Nah's College" Account
  • Create "My 1st Home" Account
  • Sign-up for workplace retirement plan ASAP
  • Create " I Need a New Car" Account
  • Stay consistent in school
  • Don't Procrastinate...lead by example
  • Exercise
  • Embrace the hard times
  • Don't make the same mistake twice
  • Improve time management
  • Volunteer
  • Pay off Debt
  • Forgive...life is too short!

No comments: