Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Debt

The monthly budget is a work in progress. In addition to budgeting I MUST work on getting out of debt...seriously! It's so NOT Sexy and beginning to cramp my style. Unfortunately, I use my one and only credit card to live. I swipe that little piece of plastic way too much. I'm a firm believer in DIY if at all possible. Recently, I spoke with a "...for ONLY $200 WE WILL GET YOU OUT OF DEBT!" agency, yeah, BS! For $200 every two weeks/$400 a month after you "go through" the never-ending program. I work too hard to give my pennies away.
First step, renew my membership with www.annualcreditreport.com , its been a while since I checked out my report (6 months maybe?). I have a feeling something has changed ... A 1-800 number left me a voicemail at 9:20pm a few evenings ago. Aint that some S*#T?! I'm NOT having that! I have a weekday off from work this week. During that time, all creditors( good, bad and ugly) can expect a nice letter from me. With faith, a lil time, and patience I will be set!

No comments: