Monday, July 21, 2008

My New Ride

I live in a city where almost everyone rides a bike. There are multiple non~profit bike programs in my neighborhood! My son goes to a bike camp where they learn how to fix bikes and ride safely. With all that said, I did not think about owning a bike.

There are a lot of gas stations in my neighborhood too... LOL! Recently, the gas stations have been scamming customers by charging an extra fee for using credit. Well, credit/debit is all I'm gonna use to buy gas so I had to really search around. Finally I found a gas station that didn't charge a extra fee and the price was alright. I filled my tank and left feeling disrespected by the amount of money I had to spend. This past weekend it hit me; Saturday, to be exact I was on my way home riding in my car chilling with the air conditioning BLASTING it was so HOT! I was grateful I had a full tank of gas. Next thing I know I am stuck in bumper to bumper traffic(DANG!). 5 minutes go by, then, 10-20-30... AN HOUR! I am pissed! I watch every minute as my gas meter gets closer to the halfway point while physically moving nowhere. Oh... but there were people moving all around and thru traffic...bikers. That's when I decided to purchase my new ride.



Is it not LUVLY? The only thing misssing is a basket. The purchase was not a splurge so no worries. I kept my budget in mind so I was able to negotiate the price which was originally $80. Luckily, I rode away for half the price.

No comments: