Saturday, August 9, 2008

Happy Birthday!

I have to blog on last weekend I had such a great time. Thank you to all who helped me celebrate my 2*th birthday (LOL!) you all made me feel fabulous.
Friday, Aug. 1st was my actual birthday and I skipped breakfast and went straight to lunch with my ma. Then, my lil man had a camp musical (how cute!) Following the musical I called my SOH who was a little short with me on the phone.
Me: Hey...I missed your call. How are you? Are you busy?
SOH: Are you home yet?
Me: No not yet
SOH: Call me when you get home.(Click)
O, I had a fit in my mind! The Leo in me was coming out and ready to roar. I was annoyed...it was my day! Word?! You gonna be unusually short with me on the phone?! I needed a minute to get myself togetha I began to sweat under my underarms I was so annoyed. I took the long way home to get my face togetha after my inner tantrum. Finally, I get home my ma was waiting for me with this HUGE smile spread across her face (WEIRD!) I'm like what are you smiling about?
Ma: Do you see anything unusual.
Me: No I don't...are you ready to go to dinner?
Ma: Look around!
Me: Ma, this is not the time to play hide and seek. Are u ready?
My ma brings out the most beautiful flowers I've ever seen. Awe...thanks ma you brought me flowers. Are you ready?
Ma: I didn't buy you flowers!
I rushed over to read the card (tear filled eyes) they were from my SOH! How sweet (sniff, sniff) I felt like a IDIOT for my inner tantrum earlier. I called SOH immediately!
Saturday, I took my lil man away to camp. I'm so proud of him...he's such a great independent lil boy and inspiration. This year is his third year at "sleep away" camp and we put a twist on things. In previous years his stay was only 7~10 days. Last summer he asked me if he could stay away at camp longer (For real young one?!) I said I would consider it (Dang that costs a couple dollars!). After talking with my SOH & brothers, the decision was made that he was going. Well, by the Grace of God he received a scholarship to attend camp for a additional week. So, this year he's away 14 days including 2 consecutive weekends. Can you say HIGH ANXIETY?! I'm sure he is having a wonderful time growing and creating lifetime experiences and memories.
After dropping the lil man off at camp I was out, gone...Ocean City, MD was calling my name. I had this new suit I HAD to wear! For years, I forgot the beach existed it had been years since I relaxed on the beach. Last year SOH & I went and had a great time! I'm hooked! This year my SISTAH & I chilled on the beach. That's a awesome birthday...God willing I will visit the beach every summer.

No comments: